ROS-Agriculture Europe Meeting Minutes 2020-01-14
To have an overview of current community and to identify next steps for ROS-Agriculture Europe
|Gijs van der Hoorn||TUDelft|
|Mario Garzon Oviedo||TUDelft|
|Christoph Hellman Santos||Fraunhofer IPA|
|Kevin Bregler||Fraunhofer IPA|
|Michael Terzer||Fraunhofer Italia|
|Ferran Roure Garcia||EURECAT|
|El Houssein Chouaib HARIK||NIBIO|
- Introduction of participants
- Short overview of current ROS-A given by Matt Droter (Founder)
- link to the slide deck
- Ideas for ROS-A Europe community building
- ROS-A Europe will use a Slack channel similarly to how ROS-A has used this so far. Slack is for short, dynamic discussions, while ROS Discourse will be considered for communication with the wider ROS community and for longer discussions with and within the ROS-A community.
- Regular meetings of ROS-A Europe will be held every month (decision made through poll on Skype for business).
- Brainstorming on initial ROS-A Europe focus areas
- The aim was to obtain an overview and to work towards shared goals.
- Potential topics of focus and further collaboration were discussed.
- The current list includes:
- Multi-vehicle navigation
- Shared data sets with commonly agreed annotation standards
- Vision system for identifying crops
- ROS-Agriculture trainings (possibly provided by Fraunhofer IPA)
- Fully unstructured environments, e.g. crops in open fields
- Robust navigation system under sensor uncertainties, e.g. GPS-denied environments
Questions and Feedback
- Martijn brought up the subject of yearly ROS-A meeting: where/where?
- Flemming wanted to know “why ROS-A and what can ROS-A do for me?” and he also wrote in the skype chat window “the farmer is not the user; they are customer or end project - why should robot manufacturers opt to use ROS-A and share their IP?” in response to Matt’s explanation of “why ROS-A”.