Who we are:
At NoMagic, we are a dedicated team of engineers and scientists on a mission to teach robots the real world. We believe that the age of smart robots helping humans with repetitive manipulation tasks in factories, warehouses, stores and soon in our homes is coming. We are building the brain for those robots.
We are using recent advancements in machine learning to control robots based on signals from cameras and other sensors, operating on ROS. We are looking for an operations engineer to help make our solution operational at the customer site in Bordeaux, France in constant contact with our R&D team in Warsaw, Poland.
Do you like to develop & fix hardware and software? Are you willing to get stuff done, including helping robot when it has problems? Do you like to troubleshoot problems and improve systems? Would you like to learn about logistics operations? This is a chance to join fun, hard working team on a journey to create its first product and change the world.
What you will do:
- Operate robot and implement improvements to NoMagic software on ROS and hardware working directly with the robot in test and production environments
- Improve and repair hardware of the solution: suction system, cabling, etc.
- Adjust setup of the robotic station (camera position, setup of scene around the robot)
- Daily update software, debug problems and report changes in behavior, success rates
- Deliver goods to the robot, measure results, report problems, there is manual work required
- Collect feedback from customer representatives
- Program robot through pendant and intuitive user interface
- Represent remote team in meetings and other communication, which includes translations between French and English
- Support data collection
What you offer:
- Software development experience in Python, C/C++, good knowledge of Linux
- Hands on experience with operations of industrial machinery or robots
- Can-do attitude and ability to resolve unforeseen problems
- Ability to work in fast changing startup environment & contributing to team efforts
- Ability to travel in vicinity of Bordeaux (Cestas) (driver’s license required)
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written & great overall communication skills
- Experience with ROS a plus
- Experience with configuration or programming industrial robotic arms (UR, KUKA, ABB, FANUC, etc.) is a plus
What we offer:
- Temporary (6 months) job in Bordeaux, France with some flexibility around 40 hours per week
- Working on fascinating robotics and machine learning problems in top-notch team with many team members visiting Bordeaux to work together
- Visit to Warsaw, Poland for onboarding and training
- Can convert to full time employment if willing to work in Warsaw, PL
- Competitive compensation
To apply please send your CV and description of qualifications to email@example.com