ROS Software Engineer - Localization and Mapping @ Waterloo, Canada

About Us

We are a startup company that develops products for the security industry, with a primary focus going forward on autonomous vehicles.

We are growing our team and are looking for experienced engineers who have worked on developing autonomous robots.

Responsibilities:

o Build state-of-the art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors, as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in real-time

o Implement the prototype localization algorithms in autonomous vehicles for on road and simulation tests

o Investigate, test and calibrate sensors for integration into sensor fusion algorithms

o Develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software

o Knowledge and experience working with IMU, GPS, lidars, radar and camera sensor data

o Experience in implementing SLAM, GNSS/INS and Mapping

Qualifications

o Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Robotics, CS or related field

o Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python

o Experience working on the full stack of a robotics system

o Hands-on knowledge in 3D pose estimation using point cloud registration techniques (e.g. ICP, NDT matching)

o Real-world experience in implementing nonlinear Kalman filtering and smoothing techniques (e.g. EKF, UKF, and RTS smoother)

o Hands-on knowledge of data structures and algorithms for point cloud processing

o Extensive experience with ROS

o Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight

Bonus Points

o Experience with Docker

o Experience with system validation testing, sensor calibration, machine vision and software bench marking.

o 3+ years industry work experience

o Proven system integration and software architecture skills

Benefits

o Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact

o Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Pay: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 CAD per year

Hi i am interested ,
https://www.linkedin.com/in/christhaliyath/

I’m interested too. I match the requirements well. Where can I apply ?

Hi!
are they still hiring?, I’m very interested too!