Advanced Robotics Group is looking for select individuals who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
As a Localization and Mapping Engineer, you will be leading the enablement of autonomous operations for a high-performance, non-consumer platform performing a mix of tasks in an exceptionally demanding environment. You will:
- Use most everything you currently know about world-class autonomous operations and then some to make it happen,
- Think broadly and shun superficial fixes,
- Supplement and integrate an array of open source elements with proprietary approaches, and
- Direct simulations and physical tests to ensure exceptional robustness and reliability for your solutions
- Deep knowledge of localization and mapping techniques
- Extensive practical robotics experience
- Excellent general structured problem-solving and software architecture skills
- Demonstrated strong software engineering and design fundamentals
- Fluency in C/C++
- Experience with path planning and navigation
- Experience in ROS and simulation environments
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with system integration and system level design
- Ability to incorporate new best-in-class technologies quickly and reliably
- Passion for robotics and a deep desire to see your efforts come to life
- Personal discipline to maintain strict confidentiality instinctively
- Desire to make a multi-year commitment
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field or BS with 5+ years applicable industry experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with embedded and real-time systems
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Compensation: Very competitive
About Advanced Robotics Group, LLC:
We are a small, driven team of technology experts with decades of robotics experience between us. We’re refining and developing non-consumer robots to execute multiple tasks with fully autonomous operations in demanding environments, and we are doing this by applying, extending and connecting open-sourced technologies with our own proprietary approaches for new capabilities. We’ve modularized our technologies, enabling our solutions to stay in the lead, and are using on-site, full-scale physical testing for quick, high-quality, real-world development feedback.
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world just a little bit better.
Our hands are on the future. Are you ready to join us?
Company website: https://AdvancedRoboticsGroup.com
Apply Here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/0f1b6b41