ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

ROS usage survey

Hello ROS users,

We would like to get an idea of how you are currently using ROS1-Melodic/ROS2, or how you plan on using it in the future. If you could fill out this short survey, it would help us make decisions on investing in supporting ROS1-Melodic in AWS Robomaker. We will leave the survey open for 2 weeks, until April 23, 2019, and post the anonymized results shortly after that.

Thank You!
AWS Robomaker Team

2 Likes

Hi @pdutta,

I started the survey, but I think that options are not complete. People using ROS2 usually use also a ROS1 distribution. And ROS2 has also distributions (Ardent, Bouncy, Crystal…)

Best

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. I was looking for some specific trends. Will keep this in mind for my next survey. Thanks.

0 Likes

The second question is asking about switching from Kinetic to Melodic independent from the choice of ROS distro in the the first answer. It should have a invalid option or should be ignored if a ROS distro other than kinetic has been chosen in the first question.

0 Likes

There was a fairly comprehensive version survey last year. Would be awesome to have an openly available mid-year snapshot of what usage looks like if questions match up enough with @clalancette’s .

0 Likes