ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Hi!

Great to have some news of that project.

The Arduino port project is a nice idea and should interest some people!

Good luck for the next developments!

Indeed it does and it matches some recent ideas that have been evaluated by ourselves within the micro-ROS project. Good decision @astralien3000!

Thanks !

Yes, I was expecting the Arduino port would receive keen interest. It is still low in my priority list, but I will try to sustain it regularly. Having a fully functional port seems quite far away, but a least compiling the stack with a fake ROS MiddleWare may be possible soon. I will keep you in touch !

1 Like

Hello,

Would it be possible to make use of DDS XRCE https://www.omg.org/spec/DDS-XRCE/About-DDS-XRCE/ to stay in line with the DDS stack?

Cheers.

Hello @PHLF,

Yes it is possible, my project is made to easily switch the RTOS and the protocol used. The problem is that I have no time anymore to make this kind of heavy development. I will try to help anyone that wants to add DDS-XRCE, but I canā€™t do it myself alone.

Cheers

In micro-ROS, weā€™re taking that route, and the code is getting thereā€¦ In the XEL network, they do as well. Weā€™re talking about merging the two.

1 Like

@astralien3000, I am also interested in RIOT project. I think that it is a very efficient idea to put various sensors in the environment by using ROS and to collect the sensor information and use the robot like the following papers. The following papers used ROS1. However, ROS2 is more environmentally friendly than ROS1. I want to think about your ideas and talk together. The RIOT is a wonderful project.

Hello,

I will be at ROSCon 2018 this weekend, if you will be there too it would be a good opportunity to talk.

Cheers

1 Like