At Foxglove, we’re building powerful tools to accelerate robotics development. Robotics will have a massive impact on our daily lives and the world economy over the coming decade, and high quality software tools will significantly accelerate this trend. Our team has years of experience working in the robotics and self-driving industry, and we are uniquely positioned to bring these tools to an increasing number of robotics startups across a wide range of verticals.
Our first product, Foxglove Studio, is an open source robotics visualization and debugging platform, specifically designed for working with sensors (camera, lidar) and time-series data. It allows you to easily inspect sensor inputs such as images, lidar point clouds, and time series data, via a highly customizable 2D & 3D environment.
High performance frontend engineering is fundamental to our product and our success as a company. Our product is written in TypeScript and React, and makes heavy use of Canvas and WebGL for visualizations. We ship both browser and Electron-based desktop apps.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer experienced in writing React-based applications, with experience or interest in 2D and 3D visualization. We are looking for a mid or senior level candidate.
- End-to-end ownership over features, working directly with our community to understand requirements
- Partner with our design team to ship polished and delightful experiences
- Work in the open, publish your work to GitHub, and contribute to dependencies
- Learn or expand your knowledge of the robotics and self-driving industries
- Work alongside an experienced team on a cutting edge product
Remote (our current team is based in US & Australia, so we require 3+ hours overlap with US Pacific time zone).
- 3-10 years experience in full time frontend or full stack engineering roles
- Experience building complex React applications
- Experience or interest in performance-sensitive frontend engineering
- Passion for building technical tools with engineers as the primary users
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Experience with Canvas and WebGL browser rendering, or related libraries such as Three.js and Chart.js
- Experience working with TypeScript or WebAssembly
- Experience building Electron-based desktop applications
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org