Bear Robotics was started in 2017 to address the increased pressure faced by the food service industry around wages, labor supply, and cost efficiencies. Our company has developed a robot named Penny enabled by artificial intelligence and able to autonomously shuttle food from a kitchen out to tables and bring dishes back for cleaning. If you want to dive into deep-tech with an A+ team, Bear Robotics is a perfect place for you.
We are growing and looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer who is as excited about our robots and mission as we are.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- You are involved in building and optimizing our own Bear Operating Systems, an infrastructure to control and monitor our globally deployed robots. You are building the remote monitoring, record-replay as well as resource scheduling.
- When it comes to distributed computing, you lead the way in your team and are the go-to expert in regards of system design and architecture. No matter if it is Git, NoSQL, Networking, Google Cloud, ReactJs, NodeJs, Gevent, Docker or Cordova - you own the full stack system like no other.
- Furthermore, you enjoy driving optimization strategies and realizing ambiguous work streams. Therefore, you work closely with our product team to translate product requirements into technical specification and to define project milestones.
- Your organization skills, go-getter personality and people-focussed mentality are the right tools to grow into a tech lead role.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong background in software backend and frontend development
- Strong knowledge and solid hands-on experience of Linux based system
- Proven skills in distributed system design and architecture
This role gives you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and cutting-edge robotics company in the middle of Silicon Valley. Bear Robotics stands for flat hierarchies with direct communication, individual career growing opportunities and a team of like-minded robot enthusiasts. Do you want to snap the chance to re-imagine the robotics service industry with us? Then we would love to hear from you soon!
Please submit your application by writing an email to jobs(at)bearrobotics(dot)ai and adding “Senior Software Engineer” to the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Redwood City, CA
Learn more about us here: https://www.bearrobotics.ai
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.