Bear Robotics was started in 2017 to address the increased pressure faced by the food service industry around wages, labor supply, and cost efficiencies. Our company has developed a robot named Penny enabled by artificial intelligence and able to autonomously shuttle food from a kitchen out to tables and bring dishes back for cleaning. If you want to dive into deep-tech with an A+ team, Bear Robotics is a perfect place for you.
We are growing and looking for a passionate Senior Robotics Software Engineer / Tech Lead who is as excited about our robots and mission as we are.
Your role & responsibilities:
- You and robots are the perfect match. The whole robotic software stack is owned by you and therefore you are not afraid to deep dive into indoor mobile robotic navigation and path planning.
- Making robots navigate safely in dynamic indoor environments is your passion: you have the roadmap for it and together we will grow into a team of professional software and hardware specialists.
- Deadlines don’t scare you and an always improving environment brings the best ideas out of you. Furthermore, you have a strong mathematical mind for modeling complex solutions and solid coding.
- Solid experience of indoor mobile robot navigation and localization
- Skilled in C++ and/or Python programming
- Experience in ROS or strong interest in learning it
- Ideally knowledge of control and navigation theory, social navigation and/or sensor fusion and calibration
- Interest in Robotics and ideally real world experience in this field
This role gives you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and cutting-edge robotics company in the middle of Silicon Valley. Bear Robotics stands for flat hierarchies with direct communication, individual career growing opportunities and a team of like-minded robot enthusiasts. Do you want to snap the chance to re-imagine the robotics service industry with us?
Please submit your application by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and adding “Senior Robotics Software Engineer / Tech Lead” to the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Redwood City, CA
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.