Yujin Robot’s Innovation Team is looking for a Software Architect to join our quest. We are a small, highly motivated group with a focus on turning the promise of the future into Yujin Robot’s products of tomorrow.
As a member of this team the Software Architect will focus on leading the software development for the Gopher family of robots at Yujin. The Software Architect will take charge of the design, direction and management of software processes. There is an expectation that progress will closely align with the current goals pursued by innovation and product development groups.
You will be given freedom to do things your own way, however this will require you to be highly self-organised while still being able to ride with the team. This scope will also give you the opportunity to influence and expand your role depending on the operation’s success. We offer flexible working hours, good payment and enough off-time to refresh your mind in an environment that is crafted to our needs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with with business and product manager leaders
- Direct the efforts of S/W development so that it aligns with the current roadmap
- Lead and inspire a team of 10-15 S/W developers across the S/W vertical, from firmware to AI to web
- Guide the proposal, design and review phases of S/W development
- Mentor young software engineers and interns and align experts with the current direction
- Be responsible for encouraging good software development practices
- Be responsible for overseeing the required infrastructure: CI, staging, packaging, deployment, devops
- Point of contact for collaborations with external software groups
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree / PhD. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, Control Engineering or a related field plus at least 5 years of work experience
- Leadership experience in previous projects
- Expert knowledge and proven skills in:
- Software analysis/architecture
- Technical requirements
- Software design and development
- Experience in the art of managing software:
- Git, issue tracking, PR’s, reviews, CI, packaging, distribution, devops, et. al.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge about software in a Linux environment
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Experience with an agile environment and development practices
- Comfortable using Git with GitHub/Bitbucket
- Experience leading a large software project
- Contributed to or led open-source projects
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with firmware programming and/or web applications
- Korean language skills
- Tell us why you are the right one for the job (i.e. cover letter, max. 1 page)
- Attach your CV (max. 2 pages)
- Portfolio (or links to online repositories demonstrating programming expertise and experience)
- Provide at least two references
All documents must be in English, handed in as PDFs and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is the 4th December 2016.
To find out more about the Innovation Team, check out: inno.yujinrobot.com