What’s the role?
We are looking to hire a dynamic and hands on software architect who will support our team in co leading the System architecture for our next generation software platform for mobile construction robotics. You will be part of our Open Innovation & Robotics team which is spearheading our corporate innovation in Mobile robotics.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Co-Lead System Architecture of the next generation software platform for mobile construction robotics.
- Evaluate best practices and possible solutions, lead the design and documentation of the next generation system software.
- Collaborate and work with a team of internal and external developers to deliver.
- Implement “best practices” for design, development and documentation and maintain high code quality.
- Work with internal and external suppliers of relevant technologies and ensure easy integration.
- Willingness to learn and to become part of a very dynamic high-performing international team at a highly reputable global organization.
This is the cutting edge of corporate innovation, where the pace is fast, fun, energetic and inspiring.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Our Headquarters is located in Schaan, in the beautiful and mountainous Rhine Valley. We offer state-of-the art office spaces, a staff restaurant with a variety of healthy food, coffee corners, an in-house gym with a relaxation room and so much more. Additionally, Hilti e-bikes are readily available for you to use free of charge! It is in close vicinity to a direct train stop for easy commuting to the Swiss and Austrian borders.
We want you to work your best and offers such as flexible working/part time arrangements, free parking slots and day care for your children are just some of the ways we do that.
Why should you apply?
About you: you are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, where a job title is not considered a final destination but the starting point.
What you need is:
- Degree in Robotics, Computer science, Mathematics or a comparable qualification
- 10+ years of experience in software development (e.g. complex embedded systems), a strong track record as a software architect, and preferably working experience in a team leader role within the area of mobile robotics
- Strong practical experience with programming languages C++, Python and software development methods
- Practical experience with ROS, ideally gained through the industrialization and commercialization as well as deployment of robotic solutions is a great plus
- Good understanding of development lifecycle
- Broad understanding of systems architecture (hardware & software) as well as in integrated support systems (e.g. autonomy, safety, localization) and development lifecycle.
- Outstanding communication skills, strong command of English (spoken and written), German is optional
- Your working style is proactive and you have a “getting-things-done” approach
- You have strong interpersonal skills to successfully perform in a global matrix environment, excellent stakeholder management skills)
Does this sound like you? We look forward to your application! For further questions, please feel free to contact the hiring manager Ruedi Wagner, Head of Open Technology Innovation and Robotics: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruedi-wagner-13bb6246/
Hilti is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about us: https://careers.hilti.li/en-li
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland/ Liechtenstein and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss/ Liechtenstein work permit, Hilti cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.