I am new here but HOPING to connect with some new talent. CACI is looking for a Space Robotics Mechanical Design Engineer to work with NASA Johnson Space Center to design the next generation of humanoid robots. We are looking for a mechanical engineer with experience designing robotic actuators to join the Valkyrie humanoid robot team in NASA’s Robotic Systems Technology Branch. Building on the success of the existing Valkyrie and Robonaut 2 humanoid robots, this design team is tasked with advancing our ability to project a remote human presence and dexterous manipulation capability into challenging, dangerous, and distant environments both in space and here on earth.
Robotics Operation System is highly desired on this role.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG Facilities.
- B.S. in Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines required plus a minimum 2-year experience in full-time mechanical design.
- Experience designing robotic mechanisms and electromechanical actuators (including brushless motor design/selection/sizing, position and torque sensing, gear train design, and performance analysis).
- Experience in all phases of the engineering design process (including concept brainstorming, requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, and validation).
- Expert CAD user (with a preference toward PTC Creo).
- Familiarity with finite element analysis.
- Familiarity with basic design for manufacturing principles
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers designing and building world-class, field-ready humanoid robots.
- Flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Highly developed coordination and organization skills.
contact me email@example.com