I am new here but HOPING to connect with some new talent. CACI is looking for a Space Robotics Power and Battery Engineer to work with NASA Johnson Space Center to design the next generation of humanoid robots. We are looking for an electrical engineer with experience in power systems to join the Valkyrie humanoid robot team in NASA’s Robotic Systems Technology Branch. Building on the success of the existing Valkyrie and Robonaut 2 humanoid robots, this design team is tasked with advancing our ability to project a remote human presence and dexterous manipulation capability into challenging, dangerous, and distant environments both in space and here on earth.
Robotics Operation System is highly desired on this role.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG Facilities.
- B.S. in Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines required plus a minimum 5 years’ experience in two or more of the following four areas:1. Power distribution system design and analysis2. Battery stacks and Battery Management Systems (BMS)3. Lithium-ion and/or related battery cell technologies4. Electromechanical power conversion (high performance actuation, electric motors and motor drive electronics, etc.)
- Project based experience designing, building, testing, and troubleshooting power distribution electronics, battery systems, and other electrical hardware (requirements definition; system modeling and simulation; circuit analysis; PCB design, fabrication, and assembly; harness design and fabrication; requirements verification)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers designing and building world-class, field-ready humanoid robots
- Robotics Operation System is highly desired on this role.
- Flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with focus on power and / or battery systems.
- Hands on experience in the design, build, and test of robot hardware
- Successful track record of fielding custom electrical systems in an operational setting
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system and programming in C/C++ and Python
- Experience in the hardware design of embedded systems (microcontrollers, FPGAs, sensor interfaces, I2C/SPI buses, UARTS, etc.)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me 703-201-1927