TB3 Launch details

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information about when the TB3 will be officially available, how we will be able to purchase it, costs, etc?

Curious minds want to know!

//Mike

4 Likes

Thanks, Mike

The official launch date of TurtleBot3 is not yet known, but it is seen from the end of April to the beginning of May. Also, we will post a notice for the beta tester this month. The number of people is about 30 to 40.

In addition, the public information is published every week through this discourse.ros.org forum, and the wiki site is also in preparation, and it will be open to the public next week so that all questions can be resolved. :slight_smile:

Good to know, thanks for the info, Pyo!

We release a wiki page which contains specifications and various information so that we can solve your question about the TurtleBot3. Please visit TurtleBot 3 Wiki page and let us know what you want more :slight_smile:

http://turtlebot3.robotis.com

Will we be able to get spare parts, e.g. if we like to have more wheels?

1 Like

Hi @Humpelstilzchen

You can find the parts list of TurtleBot 3 from the link below.

http://turtlebot3.robotis.com/en/latest/hardware.html

The bolts and nuts include extra quantities, but do not include spare parts for other parts.
But we will make it possible for users to buy the parts they need.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the info.

Hi @Pyo,

there is some documentation about various “turtlebot friends”. To build them additional parts to extend Burger/Waffle are necessary. This there any info about the availability of these extra parts? Or will a friend be an complete different package?

Thx for the info

1 Like

Hi @rasc

We released the TurtleBot3 Friends hardware design file at the link below.

http://turtlebot3.robotis.com/en/latest/friends.html

So, you can download the STL files directly from each Onshape address as shown in the following figures.

1. Sign in. (If you do not have an ID, you have to create one.)
  2. Click the “toggle tab manager” (A menu will appear on the left side of the browser.)
  3. Click the “Parts folder”
  4. Right-click on the icon of the file you want to download.
  5. Click the “Export…”
  6. Finally, you can download the output file type you want.

1 Like

Hi @Pyo,
yes, thank you for providing all these designs on Onshape - I think it really helps boosting creativity.
However, for some “friends” very special parts are needed you can’t probably 3D print, e.g. meccanum wheels and strong brackets for the servos.

So my question is: is Robotis thinking about providing these “special” not-really-3-d-printable parts. Like: first you buy the Waffle, then there is a box with additional parts to build the Converyor?

Thx

1 Like

Hi @rasc

There are so many kinds of mecanum wheels and omni wheels. Making it for all users’ needs is hard.
So, we provide 3D design files that can be edited for each user’s desired purpose on the web.
Also, we have plans to sell the “special” parts for the user, if many users want it. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Will there be an option to purchase the burger or waffle without any sensors or the raspberry pi/joule? I don’t think I am the only person who already has the sensors and computer, and just wants a platform to put them on.

1 Like

Hi @gbiggs

Thank you for your comments.

We are also considering selling parts of TurtleBot3 separately.
We can’t sell all parts individually. But if many users think so, I think that it is not impossible. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Selling parts individually is definitely a great idea. I think you’d get a lot of people buying extra parts to modify their robots. But what I most want to see is the burger and waffle kits just without the sensors or computer boards.

2 Likes

I would like to see the injection-molded waffle plates for sale if they are stronger than 3d printed ones.

Besides, home 3d-printers are both slow and they can stink. I live in a motorhome which means that any place I am at a place where I have time to run my printer I have to balance it very carefully.