[TB4] Where are the TB4 owners hanging out?

I have a TurtleBot 4 Lite coming to me this week, and in interest of finding other TB4 owners searched Twitter, Mastodon, and YouTube to see what buzz might exist about my new bot.

Very little beyond learning that “the first build consisted of 50 bots” and the official release for sales was five months ago. When I bought mine, the RobotShop in Canada was listing 4 in-stock, and it seemed like Generation Robots in France may have received some of the first batch released for sale.

Around the time of the Create3 release to sales, I saw a two posts of beta testers on Twitter showing what appeared to be TurtleBot 4 Lite.

Is there a way to know how many TurtleBot 4 robots exist “in the wild”?

(And is it here or ros.answers.org or robotics.stackexchange.com with TurtleBot4 tag that I should expect to find answers from TB4 owners?)

1 Like

Are there no other TurtleBot4 owners reading this forum?

Am I the only TurtleBot4 owner wanting a “TurtleBot4 Owner/User Gathering Place”?

The Create3 robot folks have a discussion forum. The GoPiGo3 robot folks have a discussion forum.

Where can TurtleBot4 owners record their TurtleBot4 specific successes and discuss their challenges?

1 Like

Hey,
we are soon to be TB4 owners! I tried to set up the simulation so far but it didn’t work (Docker). Do you have any experience with this? Would appreciate any help!

2 Likes

I didn’t use a Docker image, so I’ll put a link to my process at the bottom of this reply.

ROS Discourse is more for discussing ROS than solving issues, and there are folks that are pretty rigid about mission creep so I will point you first to ros.answers.org and robotics.stackexchange.com.

Have you checked the official TB4 getting started simulation docs?

I had some difficulty getting Ignition to run well on my particular environment, that ended up being from not having enough processing and memory resources allocated to the virtual machine. No one was able to help me discover this because my environment was so different from the norm, but specific questions about setting up and running Ignition that do not directly involve the TB4 will be best posed at the https://answers.gazebosim.org/questions/ forum.

My process: tb4desk/TB4Desktop_TurtleBot4_Configuration.txt at main · slowrunner/tb4desk · GitHub

2 Likes