Who we are
Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world. Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations ranging from Apple to Volvo.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer who’s interested in mapping and 3D reconstruction to join our Autonomous Driving team. We’re part of a global team, but based in the London Office, which is a short walk from London Bridge.
In the Autonomous Driving team we’re creating Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) indoor parking maps and testing those maps on our autonomous car to ensure that that they are suitable for localisation and navigation. As a Computer Vision Engineer you will work with the raw data that we collect to ensure high fidelity reconstruction of colourised point clouds for the car parks that we’re mapping. You will take responsibility for the data collection pipeline, develop software to automatically calibrate the sensors and analyse and tune the 3D reconstruction process.
- Designing, implementing and testing software in Python and C++
- Reviewing code from other team members to ensure a high quality code base
- Documenting and clearly articulating your work and progress
- Embracing agile methodology and reporting to the project manager for planning
- Assisting other team members with their work
- Assisting in identifying staff training and development needs
- Be a great member of our team
What you will have:
- A Master’s or PhD related to Computer Vision
- Experience with Structure-from-Motion, Visual Odometry and/or SLAM problems
- Theoretical and practical understanding of multi-view geometry and 3D reconstruction
- Strong software development skills in C++ or Python
- Very strong programming skills including multi-threaded design
- Flexibility to work on a variety of different tasks within a small team environment
- Linux (or other Unix-like) programming experience including shell scripting
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with version control systems especially Git and continuous integration tools like Travis, Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience working with point cloud data and PCL would be a plus
- Experience using libraries such as Ceres, G20, OpenCV, OpenGV, OpenSfM would be a plus
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Stock options
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee
- Annual company retreat
- Thursday team lunch every other week on us!
- Monthly socials
- Time off for volunteering
To apply please visit: https://parkopedia.workable.com/jobs/1080068/candidates/new