Who we are
Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world. Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations ranging from Apple to Volvo.
We are looking for a Robotics Software Engineer who’s interested in SLAM and sensor fusion to join our Autonomous Driving team. We’re part of a global team, but based in the London Office, which is a short walk from London Bridge.
In the Autonomous Driving team we’re creating Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) indoor parking maps and testing those maps on our autonomous car to ensure that that they are suitable for localisation and navigation. As a Robotics Software Engineer you will work with the raw data that we collect to ensure high fidelity reconstruction of colourised point clouds for the car parks that we’re mapping. You will take responsibility for the improving the data collection pipeline and the quality of reconstructions through improvements to the algorithms and software.
- Designing, implementing and testing software in Python and C++
- Reviewing code from other team members to ensure a high quality code base
- Documenting and clearly articulating your work and progress
- Embracing agile methodology and reporting to the project manager for planning
- Assisting other team members with their work
- Assisting in identifying staff training and development needs
What you will have
You will have
- A Master’s or PhD in Computer Vision or Robotics
- Experience with SLAM e.g. monocular, stereo, visual-inertial, LiDAR or RGBD
- Strong software development skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) or ROS2
- Experience working with hardware such as camera, LiDAR, IMU, GNSS and associated drivers
- Linux (or other Unix-like) programming experience including shell scripting
- Experience with version control systems especially Git and continuous integration tools like Travis, Jenkins or GitLab
Any of the following would be a plus
- Industrial experience in commercial development of computer vision-enabled or robotics products
- Experience working with point cloud data and PCL
- Experience using libraries such as Ceres, G20, OpenCV, OpenGV, OpenSfM or Eigen
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee
- Annual company retreat
- Thursday team lunch every other week on us!
- Monthly socials
- Time off for volunteering
To apply please visit: https://parkopedia.workable.com/jobs/1119744/candidates/new