Who we are
Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world.
Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations ranging from Apple to Volvo.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who’s interested in applying strong software engineering skills within our newly created Autonomous Driving team. We’re part of a global team, but based in the London Office, which is a short walk from London Bridge.
In the Autonomous Driving team we’re building an autonomous vehicle (AV) as a proof of concept to validate our Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) indoor parking maps. As a Software Engineer you will work closely with other members of the team to design, develop and test software related to autonomous valet parking. It’s a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience working with state-of-the art technology on autonomous vehicles in a small and growing organisation.
- Designing, implementing and testing software to enable autonomous valet parking in C++
- Reviewing code from other team members to ensure a high quality code base
- Documenting and clearly articulating your work and progress
- Embracing agile methodology and reporting to the project manager for planning
- Assisting other team members with their work
- Assisting in identifying staff training and development needs
- Be a great member of our team!
What you will have:
- Skills equivalent to a degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Significant experience in modern C++ and have worked with a large C++ software project
- Very strong programming skills including multi-threaded design
- Knowledge of one or more interpreted languages, such as Python
- Experience of working within the robotics domain using ROS
- Flexibility to work on a variety of different tasks within a small team environment
- Linux (or other Unix-like) programming experience including shell scripting
- Experience with version control systems especially Git and continuous integration tools like * * Travis, Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience with source code quality checking and analysis tools
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
What we offer:
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Stock options
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee
- Annual company retreat
- Thursday team lunch every other week on us!
- Monthly socials
- Time off for volunteering
To apply please visit https://parkopedia.workable.com/jobs/660620/candidates/new.