Who we are
Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world. Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations ranging from Apple to Volkswagen.
In the HD Maps team we’re developing Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) maps of car parks that are suitable for navigation and localisation both for indoor navigation and also with an Automated Valet Parking System. We are looking for a Robotics Software Engineer who is interested in SLAM and 3D reconstruction to join the HD Maps team. We’re part of a global team, but based in the London Office, which is a short walk from London Bridge.
- Designing, implementing and testing software in Python and C++
- Reviewing code from other team members to ensure a high quality code base
- Documenting and clearly articulating your work and progress
- Embracing agile methodology and reporting to the project manager for planning
- Assisting other team members with their work
- Assisting in identifying staff training and development needs
- Be a great member of our team
What you will have
- A Master’s or PhD related to Computer Vision or Robotics
- Experience with sensor fusion techniques such as Kalman and Particle Filters
- Experience with optimisation libraries such as Ceres or G2O
- Theoretical understanding of multi-view geometry and 3D reconstruction
- Theoretical and practical understanding of Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping
- Strong software development skills in C++ or Python
- Flexibility to work on a variety of different tasks within a small team environment
- Linux (or other Unix-like) programming experience including shell scripting
- Experience with version control systems especially Git and continuous integration tools like Github Actions (preferable), Travis, Jenkins or GitLab
Any of the following would be a plus
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working with point clouds and PCL
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee
- Annual company retreat
- Thursday team lunch every other week on us!
- Monthly socials
- Time off for volunteering
To apply please visit: https://apply.workable.com/parkopedia/j/B40C1DB058/apply/