I’d like to announce Link ROS, a set of tools for viewing data coming from ROS and controlling robots from anywhere in the world, through any kind internet connection (firewall, cell connection, spotty WiFI, login screens, …). We just went live on Product Hunt and are giving it away for free for one year for one robot with promo code
I was working on large 11DOF cleaning service robots before in places with bad WiFi connection. I would sit next to the robot on-site with a screen, keyboard, mouse plugged into the robot trying to recreate a bug that had happened several times. I know firsthand how hard it is to:
- get a stable ssh connection, or even get it set up, especially on-site at a deployment location
- get the right data in your rosbag, share it to another compute, and visualize it
- control your robot remotely when something goes wrong.
I’ve seen these problems solved(ish) again and again and rarely properly. We set out to solve this once and for all. We support ROS out of the box with a one-line install. You own all the data. We have a frontend app, but we’re API first and so you can hook your app to it as well.
- install docs - one line install
- logging setup docs - tutorial on monitoring
- bandwidth tuning - tune to run on a low-speed connection or gigabit ethernet
I’d love feedback from the ROS community so let me know if you give it a try!