I am happy to announce ROSaic, a C++ ROS driver for Septentrio’s mosaic GPS/GNSS receiver family and beyond. Main features include:
- Publishes standardized ROS messages such as NavSatFix.msg, GPSFix.msg as well as various common Septentrio Binary File (SBF) logs
- Allows for publishing from real-time GNSS data or from an SBF log
- Supports correction services by simply filling in NTRIP settings in the rover.yaml file
- Can play back PCAP capture logs (Credit: Ashwin A. Nayar)
- Supports serial (USB + COM) and TCP connections
Currently, the binary release is available for ROS Melodic and Noetic. The package’s ROS Wiki page provides more details on how your robot can be fed with state-of-the-art positioning data.
Keep an eye out for the webinar “Bridging ROS and GNSS for Robotics Applications” on June 3, 2021. The registration page is live and you can find it here.