Answer ROS Questions Like a Pirate Week MMXXI

Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day! We’ve used this day arrbitrarily to pus a focus on answering questions on https://answers.ros.org .

To this end we plan to celebrate the whole week. And I challenge each member of the community to answer one question each day this week!

We’ll look back at what’s happened this week and will find ways to acknowledge the people who have contributed consistently and the most throughout the week.

This is a group effort and can be participated in whether you’re a seasoned captain of a ROS stack or a powder monkey who’s just dipping their proverbial toe into the sea water.

Here are some ways to help.

• Hoist the upvote flag - You know what’s fun? Judging people. If there are answers that have been particularly useful to you, even on questions you didn’t ask, go upvote them. Are there burning questions that you also want to know the answer to? Vote for the question. Giving positive reinforcement to the people answering questions can’t hurt.
  • Answer Questions You Landlubber - Fairly straightforward. Look through the unanswered question treasure trove and find something interesting.
  • Dead Questions Tell No Tales - Go to your user profile and look through the questions you’ve asked. For the ones that are still open, is there an answer you can mark as correct? Or if the question is no longer relevant, consider closing the question altogether.
  • X Markdowns the Spot - If you’re an ol’ sea dog and have edit privileges, use your power for good and make sure that people have the correct formatting on their questions.

This has been a tradition for many years thanks to the initiative of @DLu !

9 Likes

Thank you to everyone who helped participate and answer questions!

I’m happy to say that several of us reached the goal of answering one question per day. It’s reallly great to see a bunch of long time veterans as well as several newcomers to the community taking the initiative this week.

The top contributors for the week weRRRRe:

Thank you all for your active participation this week!

PS: I’d like to extend a special thanks to @DLu for running his scripts to collect this information from the ROS Answers API.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.