In collaboration with the journal “Frontiers in Robotics and AI”, we are bringing together a selected group of international experts to contribute to an open-access article collection on:
“Energy Sustainability in Marine Robotics”
Dr. Tin Lun Lam, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China
Dr. Huihuan Qian, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China
Dr. Fumin Zhang, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, United States
Dr. Francesco Maurelli, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
The submission is available now until 26 October 2020.
Visit the collection homepage for the full description of the project: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/13679
This Research Topic aims to offer a broad view of recent developments in energy sustainability in marine robotics, arising from novel contributions to Frontiers in Robotics and AI. We welcome submissions on subjects including, but not limited to, the following:
• Energy-efficient and long-duration ocean-going platforms (robotic sailboats, wave gliders, solar USVs and thermal driven underwater gliders, etc.)
• Configurations and management of hybrid renewable energy for marine robots
• High-efficient energy-saving strategies for marine robotics
• Energy-efficient path planning algorithms based on spatiotemporal ocean currents and wave forecasts
• Power consumption modeling and optimization of marine robots to extend workspace
• Machine learning, deep learning and/or reinforcement learning-based power consumption optimization of marine robots
• Uninterrupted power supplies and recharging for marine robotics
• Energy-saving mechatronic systems applied in marine robotics
As a contributing author, you will benefit from:
• High visibility with a freely downloadable e-book
• Rigorous, transparent and fast peer review
• Advanced impact metrics
Would you like to participate as a contributing author?
NO - I am unable to participate in this project:
• Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed, and if accepted for publication, are subject to publishing fees(https://www.frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees ), which vary depending on the article type. A discount or waiver can be applied for(https://frontiers.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_51IljifwFBXUzY1 ) and all applications are considered.
• We collaborate with many leading universities making the Open Access publishing process even more accessible for authors. Click (https://www.frontiersin.org/about/institutional-membership ) to see whether your institution is collaborating with us.
I look forward to your response.
Tin Lun Lam
Robotic Control Systems Section, Frontiers in Robotics and AI
On behalf of the Topic Editors.
Note for all authors: Please check the list of contributing journals/sections at the homepage https://www.frontiersin.org and choose the most relevant section for your submission. All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted.