CALL FOR SPEAKERS: 4th ROS Developers Day (#ROSDevDay21)
ROSDevDay21: The Only Practice-Based Conference about Robot Programming with ROS in the World
Date: June 19th, 2021
Conference website: www.ROSDevDay.com
[EVENT OVERVIEW ]
ROS Developers Day is an annual hands-on robot programming online event for ROS developers worldwide. This virtual conference aims to connect ROS developers from around the world to Practice, Learn, and Share the latest ROS applications together in real-time, regardless of geographical limitations.
Unlike the normal slideshow-type conference, this is a hands-on event with a focus on practice. Every attendee will program the robot and reproduce the ROS projects’ results together in real-time while following the speakers’ demonstrations.
[ CALL FOR SPEAKERS ]
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please follow the instructions below.
- Tutorials can target any field of ROS1 or ROS2.
- Proposals should be in the form of a tutorial and should focus on practice, in order to provide a real practical presentation for participants. (Please check the ROSDevCon 2020 to see how it works.)
- Please note the tutorial should last 30 min, plus 15 min for Q&A.
The submission of a tutorial must contain the following information:
- Topic Title: ( Maximum 20 Words) Catchy titles are good, just make sure they speak to the content.
- Speaker Bio
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Institution Name
- Contact information: Phone, Email, Address, website, etc
- Session Abstract/ Description( Maximum 300 Words)
- 4 Session Objectives ( What will attendees learn?)
- Special Requirements (Powerpoint, microphone, or other issues)
Please send your proposal with the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your tutorial is accepted
You will have to prepare a rosject containing the following material (We will assign you an engineer to support you in creating the rosject):
- A notebook with the tutorial
- Package with pre-defined code for participants (reference: how to create a rosject)
[ IMPORTANT DATES ]
Deadlines to take into consideration
- Proposal Entry Deadline: May 3, 2021
- Evaluation Period: May 3 – May 5, 2021
- Tutorial Preparation Period: May 5 – June 11, 2021
- Final tutorial submission: June 11, 2021
[ ORGANIZER ]
The Construct: The Construct is a leading online integrated platform for learning and programming ROS-based Robots.
You can contact us with questions and doubts here: email@example.com