Compiling Noetic for Debian Bullseye pre-release

Bullseye is officially out on the 14th, but I thought I’d try a source compile ahead of time and see how it went.

Following the instructions from the wiki, everything went pretty cleanly! My only slight hiccup was installing OGRE 1.12 instead of 1.9 initially by mistake.

I used these bullseye packages for dependencies in case anyone else would like to give it a go:

python3-vcstools python3-nose libboost1.74-all-dev libtinyxml2-dev libtinyxml-dev libqt5widgets5 libqt5x11extras5-dev libqt5core5a libqt5sensors5-dev libqt5websockets5-dev libcurlpp-dev libroslz4-dev librosbag-dev librosbag-storage-dev librosconsole-bridge-dev libroslib-dev librospack-dev librostest-dev librostlab-blast0-dev librostlab3-dev libzerg0-dev liburdf-dev liburdfdom-headers-dev liburdfdom-dev liburdfdom-tools libcollada-parser-dev liburdfdom-model-state libkdl-parser-dev libcollada-urdf-dev ogre-1.9-tools libogre-1.9-dev libyaml-cpp-dev

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.