As a successful entrepreneurial fast-growing business, we understand the challenging and rewarding opportunities that lead to the development of new skills.
At InnoTecUK we invest in our people to develop their skills and contribute in the success of our business growth. Our projects are highly multi-technical, providing opportunity to develop your technical skills through hands-on experience; taking your career to the next level.
We share a relaxed, inspiring and supportive working environment. Through our team of experienced and enthusiastic engineers we promote instant real work mentoring, opportunity to take ownership of projects/your work, together with constant team and leadership support.
This is a great time to join us as a Junior Engineer
We are a dynamic, fast growing and progressive robotics and automation solution provider, we specialise in the development of innovative solutions for overcoming complex inspection and automation challenges. InnoTecUK’s robotics solutions have been developed through research & development, working closely with industry and research organisations in approx. 50 multi-disciplinary collaborative European and national research projects leading to realisation of robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. Examples include:
- Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and oil tanks
- Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations and other underwater structures
- Collaborative robot teams (human-robot and robot-robot)
- Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly for non-medical and medical applications
- Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
We work at a fast pace, with a team of 30 dynamic personnel of multiple nationalities; with a united enthusiasm to develop state-of-the-art robots and robotic systems. This is likely to grow to 50 persons soon. We are located amongst beautiful English countryside, with the bonus of being minutes away from Cambridge City, renowned for academia and innovation.
We are seeking a significant number of persons to start employment as Junior Engineers as soon as possible. The applicant should have a strong passion for robotics. All the candidates should be qualified with a 1st class degree or a 2:1 degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
You will have passion to learn and develop new skills designing the software systems needed for our advanced robotic platforms.
It is desirable to have the following skills:
• Knowledge writing software in C and/or C++
• Basic understanding of ROS
• Knowledge of a scripting language like python and/or Matlab
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design
and problem solving
• Some exposure in managing and building complex software projects using Cmake will be
• Robotic related final thesis is a plus
We provide competitive salary, 25 days holidays, pension and parking.
Informal enquiries are welcome by emailing Professor Gurvinder Virk: Gurvinder.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role, please forward your CV to email@example.com