Who we are?
InnoTecUK are active in a number of UK and EU funded R&D projects and provide technology funding consultancy services for industrial clientele. We are also developing our own robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. We are active in a number of UK and EU funded R&D projects and developing robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. Examples include:
- Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and inspecting oil tanks
- Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations
- Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly
- Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
Our working environment is fast-paced with 25 dynamic personnel of differing nationalities. We are united in our enthusiasm to develop state-of-the-art robotics.
We are located amongst beautiful English countryside with the added bonus of being minutes away from Cambridge City, renowned for academia and innovation.
We are seeking 6 engineers to start as soon as possible, whom meet the skills and experience criteria as per job specification attached.
What we want?
We are looking for self-motivated and ROS experienced engineers in robotics and related technical areas with strong practical competencies to accelerate the impact of our work in new and challenging real-world application scenarios. You will be responsible for developing and/or researching robot components and sub-systems with a focus on ROS-centred design and how these may be integrated into full robots and robotics systems for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier established SMEs (set up in 2009) and currently focusing on hazardous and service robot domains and likely to evolve into medical robot sectors. You will be working with our technical and product development teams specialising in detailed mechanism and systems design to meet emerging regulatory requirements especially for close human-robot collaboration applications.
Role and Responsibilities
• Contribute to and/or lead R&D project teams to design and develop needed ROS-based robotised solutions for the real-world problems
• Support technical developments as needed and produce documents, presentations, project plans, etc. as required
• Test and validate designs/ solutions developed
• Troubleshoot a wide-variety of issues which might occur and the necessary remedial steps needed in the various sub-systems of the robots (hardware and software)
• Collaborate with various teams to maintain coherent approach to robot system development within the company and in the external partnerships
• Collaborate with partners as needed for progressing project work plans, attending meetings, etc.
• Travel to partner and customer sites as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent first degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics or Control covering theory and practical aspects
- Significant experience of robots and robotic systems design covering as many phases of the full robot design cycle covering the following parts:
• formulating design specifications via detailed modelling and simulations and engagement with end users
• performing conceptual designs to identify best option to pursue with experimental testing to assess key parts
• performing detailed design of option selected
• Build and alpha test prototypes
• Refine and finalise prototype designs for beta testing
- Deep understanding and experience of ROS using C++ and/or Python in Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of using Gazebo simulation to test robotic designs in virtual environment.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Understand and be able to implement details of specific technical implementations for realising working robot systems such as, robot kinematics and dynamics, motion control, 2D/3D computer vision (OpenCV), localisation and navigation, motion control, machine learning (Matlab and/or Python), and perception and situation awareness
- Knowledge of specific applications sectors would be an advantage, e.g. NDT applications, human biomechanics, robot safety regulations, medical robots, wearable exoskeletons, etc.
- Strong communicator (English), additional language skills are welcome
• Competitive salary based on merit and reviewed annually
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
To apply please send your CV highlighting “ROS Robotics Engineers” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Applications should be made as soon as possible and will be processed at the earliest convenience. The call will remain open until all suitable appointments have been made.
Informal enquiries may be made to
Professor Gurvinder S Virk
Innovative Technology and Science Limited
North Wing, Old Livery, Hildersham Road, Cambridge CB21 6DR, UK.
Innovative Technology and Science Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer