ROS Developers LIVE-Class #61: C++ for Robotics
In this class, you will learn how to create a basic C++ program to control a robot . C++ is a very powerful language for creating robust programs for robots.
C++ is a quite complex language. That is why many people prefer to use Python for robotics programming. However, if Python is best suited for robotics research, C++ is best suited for creating robotics products in the industry. If you want to work in the robotics industry, you need to master C++!!
NO PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE OF C++ OR ROS REQUIRED!
In this class, we’ll learn:
- How to create, compile and execute a basic C++ program
- How to create a C++ function
- How to create a C++ class
- How to modify that class to control the wheels of a robot within ROS
DATE & TIME
Tuesday, 25 June, 2019 @ 6 pm - 7 pm CEST
HOW TO JOIN THE CLASS
- FREE event open for everyone, the only thing you may need to do is “set reminder” on our YouTube channel.
- We will share the full ROSject (containing robot simulation, notebook with instructions and code) with all the attendants at the beginning of the class. Remember to be on time.
- In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.
If you missed the class, you can find the ROSject files and full-code used in the class at the Robot Ignite Academy: https://www.robotigniteacademy.com