ROS Developers LIVE-Class #68: How to Control Two-Arm Robots with Movelt!
Live Class Link: https://www.twitch.tv/events/noWTxKtYRF-LuiqUQnUW1A
LIVE DATE & TIME
Scheduled for October 8, 2019 @ 6pm - 7pm CEST
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this class, you will learn how to launch a simulation of two-arm robots and how to control them using MoveIt! (https://moveit.ros.org)
Why is so important to learn this topic?
Trending in robot manipulators is to have multiarm robots. For example, many humanoids, mobile manipulators or collaborative robots.
But, what’s MoveIt! package?
It is a ROS package that allows the easy control of robotic arms, including inverse kinematics, and sensor information for obstacle avoidance.
In this class, we’ll learn:
- How to configure a two arms simulation
- How to launch two instances of MoveIt! so we can control each arm independently
Previous knowledge requirements
HOW TO JOIN THE CLASS
- FREE event open for everyone, the only thing you may need to do is “set reminder” on our twitch channel.
- We will share the full ROSject (containing robot simulation, notebook with instructions and code) with all the attendants at the beginning of the class. Remember to be on time.
- In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.
If you missed the class, you can find the ROSject files and full-code used in the class at the Robot Ignite Academy: https://www.robotigniteacademy.com