The latest release for this library, Micro XRCE-DDS v2.0.0, will be the default version for the RMW implementation of micro-ROS Galactic (out soon).
where it can be noticed that, unlike in past versions, here at eProsima we opted for aligning the Client and Agent tag numbers to make the version compatibility between these two entities patent at all times.
Among the main new features added:
- Client to Agent pre-session ping mechanism
- Continuos fragment mode
- Custom transports API
- Middleware callbacks API for the Agent
- POSIX transport based on timeout instead of polling
- FreeRTOS+TCP transport support
- Zephyr RTOS time functions support
… plus an updated and improved documentation!