ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

MoveIt! Gazebo Integration

Hey fellas,

I am surprised that there isn’t a Gazebo integration topic in this channel. Although MoveIt! has streamlined Gazebo integration, the auto-generated files didn’t work directly in my 3DOF robotics arm’s case. Therefore I needed to solve the problems manually. After I’ve successfully integrated Gazebo and MoveIt!, I have written a Medium post. The post contains steps to follow after setup_assistant finishes its job. It also contains solutions to various subsidiary problems. At the end there are pointers to external links with similar context, which I didn’t notice at the beginning of the article. I hope it would be useful for beginners and newcomers.

5 Likes

This is absolutely great! I went and posted on the OpenRobotics twitter feed.

1 Like

Hi @tahsin_kose,

Thanks for further documenting how to use Gazebo with MoveIt, its an important part of the ROS ecosystem!

The Gazebo / MoveIt Setup Assistant integration was a Google Summer of Code intern project last year by Mohamad Ayman, and we’re really happy the progress. I was his primary mentor on the effort. Of course, there’s always more work to be done!

One thought - maybe you could create a tutorial in the centralized MoveIt tutorials website that includes this documentation?

Hi there,

I can definitely adapt the post to the centralized tutorials if it is convenient.

1 Like