ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

MoveIt Maintainer Meeting - Dec 5th

The next Maintainer Meeting will be December 5th at 8am PST

Your time zone: 2019-12-05T15:00:00Z

Please request here any agenda topics you would like included. From my list:

  • Updates on MoveIt 2 and release date
  • Noetic release date and preparation / testing
  • 2 review policy
  • Update on new moveit_cpp API interface
  • STOMP project affiliation with MoveIt
  • Admin permissions for Github repos
    • 2-factor authentication?
    • Branch safety settings?
  • Tutorials URL
  • Your topics!

Meeting ID
meet.google.com/fpo-srqg-feg

Phone Numbers
(‪US‬) ‪+1 347-486-5750‬
PIN: ‪644 991 049#‬

Country-specific phone numbers are available.

I’d like to discuss dropping support for Xenial in order to support an up-to-date Bullet version for merging the bullet-trajopt-feature branch into master. Or any alternative solutions.

See this previous discussion.

1 Like

Meeting Minutes

Noetic Release

  • Full release vs intermediate melodic release
  • Use master as release branch
  • API freeze in April?
  • Python3 support (updates from v4hn)
  • New Melodic release ASAP

Handing over release process to Jafar

  • Robert will guide handover
  • Jafar should become maintainer

Codecov Support

  • Discussion: Block PRs with negative coverage?
  • Reviewers should decide on how to proceed
  • Add note to review guidelines

WMD 2019

  • Date conflicts with other events/responsibilities
  • Possibly move WMD to spring or earlier in the year

Adding PILZ Industrial Motion to MoveIt

  • Discussion will follow in issue and PR
  • Possibly provide separate time profile generator
  • GPL-v3 license issues
  • Maintenance obligations (ROSin)
  • Adding 1 maintainer + 1 core contributor from PILZ

MoveIt 2 progress

  • Currently performing MoveIt 1 master sync + moveit_msgs
  • Beta release planned by February

Bullet

  • Compile with cmake with kinetic support
  • Ubuntu 16.04 will not be supported

Change 2 reviewer policy

  • 2 reviewers should only be required for for larger changes, smaller or trivial fixes can be merged after 1 review
  • Mark will update reviewer policy on website

STOMP motion planner

MoveItCpp

OMPL - new features

TrajOpt

  • Waiting for panda_moveit_config release
4 Likes

Thank you for these neat notes Henning!

I did not manage to attend this meeting due to family obligations. What’s the meaning of the parenthesis?

Did you discuss a release schedule in this context?
I believe up for discussion was a monthly release to melodic

The most important bullet point is missing: As in previous years, it was very successful, with lots of community contributions!

This decision took me by surprise…

I believe this does not imply that maintainers can file pull-requests and merge them without anyone else looking at them, right?
I would very much appreciate a change of the github permissions to technically allow this again, e.g., for cherry-picking merged pull-requests.
But I don’t think it’s a good idea to allow this on a general basis!