Note the time change this week to 8:00 am:
10am Pacific (GMT -7:00)
(US) +1 423-588-1304
PIN: 426 363 201#
Please reply if you plan to attend so that we know who to expect.
I intend to be there. I’m still catching up on the navigation work though so I expect mainly to absorb.
I should be there as well
Thanks all for attending today. Here are some notes:
Attendees: @mkhansen, @mjeronimo, @cdelsey, @mhpanah, @bpwilcox, @dlu, @mikeferguson, @smac, @IanTheEngineer, @gbiggs
October recap - https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation2/pulse/monthly
- Great progress over month of October:
– Merged 78 Pull Requests
– Closed 42 Issues
– Excluding merges, 9 authors have pushed 169 commits to master and 170 commits to all branches. On master, 441 files have changed and there have been 9,131 additions and 5,454 deletion
– Added Travis CI and ROS2 CI (bloom) to the repo
Current Status -
- Had basic Navigation working using Gazebo and RVIZ over the ROS1 bridge with Bouncy last week
- Moved to master branches for all ROS2 packages to get Gazebo in ROS2
- Using turtlebot3_simulations ros2 branch from ROBOTIS
– able to teleop the robot in the Gazebo simulation using turtlebot3.world
- Running into some issues when running Navigation2
– some transforms missing: odom -> base_footprint -> base_scan
---- work-around is using static_transform_publisher for now
– local_costmap seems to be using wall clock time not sim time
---- work around this by using ‘ros2 set param local_costmap use_sim_time true’
- Having issues with Gazebo transforms, publishing ‘Z’ value as though the robot is falling (gravity)
Behavior Tree / Mission Execution overview - Mike Jeronimo (@mjeronimo )
- Mike will post the files he reviewed later
- Need to use standard ROS messages for Path
- “Tolerance” to a pose should be optional part of the Navigate to Pose message and needs to be x,y,z,r,p,y.
– Should there be a boolean flag to set to use the tolerance? False = use default?
---- Mike will open an issue for more discussion
– Tolerance could be available in the BT editor (Groot)
– Can we add velocity to endpoint (ie. a ‘rolling stop’)?
---- Need an issue for this also
– Recovery modes should work by default without need for user configuration
Global Planning - question from David Lu (@DLu)
- Can we re-plan with a new plan every second?
– Yes, although currently we have to cancel and send a new plan each time
- Should make sure pre-empt option is available that will keep current state
- Will address as part of move to ROS2 Actions
CI - Steve Macenski (@smac)
- Steve set bloom up for the navigation2 repo
- four packages need to be removed from our ros2 dependencies.repos file before it will fully work:
– Behavior Tree - uses catkin
– XMLRPCPP - will be removed (open issue)
– launch - currently using a patched version due to timing issue
– message_filters - issue #274
AMCL - Can we remove the rosbag code? Need an issue filed for this
Quote of the Day:
“Never assume the navigation code knows what it’s doing” - @DLu
Thanks all for a great meeting!
Is there a sync this week?