New Working Group Proposal: Maritime Robotics

Great idea! Earlier on, we used ROCK on most of our AUVs, but we have more and more systems running ROS, for example on our dual-arm intervention AUV Cuttlefish. Since we already developed quite a few subsea-specific drivers and components, we would like to contribute, if we can.

3 Likes

Excellent ideia. I’m in.

1 Like

Would like to join as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to know that! Maybe it is possible to adapt some UW open source feature that maybe ROCK has and ROS doesn’t… :thinking: Who knows?

1 Like

Hi,

Nice initiative, I would be interested in the ROS 2 simulation part.
A few custom simulators were developed in ROS 1, at the time there was nothing in Gazebo to do so. We would probably benefit from less divergence in ROS 2 / Ignition.

2 Likes

Very nice initiative. Would like to join as well.

1 Like

Great initiative! I would like to join.
Regards,
Gabriele Ferri

1 Like

Great Leif
its nice to hear from you
and welcome

2 Likes

Now I wanna see…
#gomatosinhogo

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing! I would love to join.

1 Like

Hi!
I am interested in this working group.
I am a team member of OUXT Polaris, Martime RobotX team in Japan.

Our software is all open source.

I am looking forward to attend this working group!

2 Likes

I want to join as well :grinning:

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting, I started a roboboat team last year, would be very interested to participate

1 Like

This is a great idea. I’d love to be involved!

1 Like

It’s me again! I was very happy with all the replies, it is very nice to see that there are a lot of people insterested in contributing. It is time for us to get together and discuss better what we shall do. I just edited the main post with a “Let’s get together” section. Please answer the doodle and google forms if you are interested in contributing.

1 Like

Support! I’ll try to participate in any way I can.

1 Like

Will the meeting notes be posted? It’d be nice for people who cannot make the time.

1 Like

Yes! This would be actually the meeting to better define some topics, such as members who actively wants to code, to better define the work scope… So we can proceed with the community working group tutorial and start to have regular meetings. We will definetely create a new post wiith the definitions of this meeting and maybe another poll as well.

Also, if the times in the poll are not good for you, you can send me when is better for you, so I can add it to the poll.

2 Likes

@Matosinho Please let me know your plans. I would be more than happy to record a video of the meeting or post a recording to the Open Robotics channels. I can also help get the word out to the broader community.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! It is me again. Thank you all for answering to the forms and doodle poll. Almost a week has passed since I opened the forms for the first meeting. I think is time to close the doodle poll, so we can create the online event and put in our schedules for the next week. If you didn’t answer yet or know someone interested who hasn’t answered, this is your chance. I’m going to close the poll in approximately 36h~48h from this post. I’m excited to meet you all in the next week :star_struck:

2 Likes