November Quality Assurance Working Group Meeting

November Quality Assurance Working Group Meeting

The November ROS quality assurance working group meeting will take place on 2020-11-05T15:00:00Z2020-11-05T16:00:00Z. We presently have nothing on the agenda for this meeting. If you would like to propose a discussion topic we would love to hear about it. Feel free to propose a short talk, demo, or discussion by commenting below.

Possible Discussion Topic

If no one proposes a topic of discussion I may opt to present the Galactic Default RMW Selection Report. One thing that came up in crafting the report is that the REP-2004 quality levels do not provide any mechanism for directly measuring code quality (e.g. defects/KLOC) and instead focuses on best practices. I think it may be worth discussing how to objectively measure code quality for future iterations of the report.

Link for Meeting

(US) +1 617-675-4444‬ PIN: ‪456 561 685 9668‬#

2 Likes

I think if we get some time it might be fun to talk about this post at the December meeting.

1 Like

Their complaints about ROS and why they decided to build their own, which go on for some time in the video, are the usual ones you always hear. There are valid points in there that we should listen to, but in general their arguments can be reduced down to “We didn’t quite like ROS for reason X and don’t want to have to put in the effort to use and maintain it properly in our applications, so we decided to build our own ROS. We are oblivious to the fact that this is more work in the long run.”

2 Likes