[REP-2014] RFC - Benchmarking performance in ROS 2

A small update in here, I’ve gone ahead and processed all previous comments in the REP PR and provided in the initial draft of REP-2014. Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback. We also discussed 2022-11-03T17:00:00Z this same document in the recent HAWG#12 meeting and obtained no objections nor further comments about its status.

Thanks for the feedback @ggrigor, I think there’re some sections above which definitely add value. Do you think you could bring this into the REP-2014 PR constructively? So that taking further input becomes manageable, for everyone else, further input and contributions can be sent to https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/364 as suggestions. This way can process input easily and discuss it with the rest of the group.

I believe the document is in good shape to move forward and be reviewed by the TSC for comments/approval-vote. This REP is of Informational Type so the process to formalize it might be a bit different. @Katherine_Scott, @clalancette and Open Robotics team, how can we move forward with this?

1 Like