Request for creation of a ROS Spanish-speaker User Group

Sounds like a great idea! The Spanish-speaking community will benefit a lot from this initiative!

1 Like

+1. I really like this idea! This is a big step for the Spanish-speaking community!

1 Like

+100 for this group!
Excelente iniciativa, @matiasbavera !!

+1 to the initiative!!

Hola a todos,

Quiero invitarlos a participar en la sala de reuniones ROS Spanish-speak User Group en la sección Happy Hour del evento ROSWorld a las 6:55 - 7:30 p.m. (ART).

Link a la sala de wonder:

Link secundario en caso que no funcione la sala de wonder:

Saludos.

1 Like

I completely support this idea. I contributed for several years to a robotics club in Argentina and I have witnessed that the language can be an issue, especially with those who are learning ROS and maybe they are not confident enough to write and ask in a English. They can maybe follow a tutorial, but when it comes to actually writing down a question and following a discussion they will refrain themselves from doing it.

This is a major issue since ROS by itself sometimes can be challenging and the lack of a community with a common language can directly block its use in several projects. I am 100% confident that once the groups is started, there will a fair amount of questions and requests of help :slight_smile:

100% needed I would say, thank you for starting the thread.

2 Likes

+1000 Great idea! See you tomorrow!

Hola! I’d love to see this.

Great!!!
Meamwhile you could take a look to:

Thank you!!
2 Likes

Cuenten conmigo y todo mi equipo de Robótica. I’m very looking forward to the following steps.

1 Like

Que bueno! Justo estaba buscando algo parecido para mandarselo a unos chicos acá en Paraguay! Muchas gracias!

Excellent initiative!

I also support this!! There’s a large Spanish speaking speaking community all over the world!

+1 - Happy to contribute!

Great !!! +1 . Estupenda iniciativa.

+1 – I would love to help with educational resources (in English and Spanish) for newcomers.

This would be awesome. Thank you @Katherine_Scott. I have recently given two presentations in Spanish, one in Mexico and a second one in Argentina there seems to be a lot of interest from Latin America developers to contribute and build robots.

Thanks for this. Will monitor and contribute.

++++ Good idea, i think that is the good option because there are many students who do not understand English and it is difficult for them to solve their doubts and try to learn.

Group Description:

Spanish

Bienvenidos al grupo de ROS discourse en español. Este grupo tiene como objetivo promover eventos, proyectos y noticias relacionadas con la robótica de código abierto. Les invitamos a compartir, aprender, interactuar y conocernos. No es necesario tener conocimientos previos.

English

Welcome to the ROS discourse group in Spanish. This group aims to promote events, projects, and news related to open source robotics. We invite you to share, learn, interact, and get to know each other. It is not necessary to have previous knowledge.

Logo

rosdiscourse spanish

About the logo: this is just a first proposal. If anyone wants to design something better, you’re more than welcome

1 Like