we have been through feasibility and experience using ROS/ROS2 based on Kubernetes. Now we can create ROS2 distributed system on Kubernetes Edge Cluster dynamically. we would like to hear about if anyone interested in this stuff, so that we could maybe share some intel and thoughts about fleet management, architecture and use cases.
i believe that this could bring more people or attention from cloud guys to robotics and ros community.
Backgroud / Motivation
- Robots Orchestration
- Development Environment
- Limit and Constrain the resources / Access to the host system
- Distributed System (fails independently, also appears to be a single use experience.)
- Multiple Robots/Fleet Management (10, 100 and 1000+)
- Application Lifecycle Control (roll up and down without downtime)
- Maintenance (automatically redeploy the application container if it gets crashed)
using Kubernetes (which btw open source and maintained by CNCF), we can have a lot of things described above. we can actually create ROS2 distributed system with one command line and even auto recovery and no downtime for upgrade.
if anyone interested in details, we are willing to have online syncup including demonstration. so if you are interested, just ping me!!!