We are looking for a Robotics Engineer to join one of the most exciting opportunities in Scotland and to work with our growing team on the development of the first drone able to move through dense granular media.
Imagine you had the opportunity to work on something as exciting as the development of the first aerial drone before drones were a thing! No need to go back in time: at Crover Ltd we are a pioneering, multi-award-winning company based in central Edinburgh, Scotland and we have developed the first ever ‘below-ground’ robotic device (a ‘Crover’) able to move through dense dry granular media (e.g. sand, grains, powders) at fully-buried depths.
Crover Ltd’s first product is a small robotic device for the monitoring of cereal grains stored in bulk (e.g. in sheds or grains bins), allowing grain storekeepers to identify critical conditions like hotspots early and maintain quality of the grains through proactive management.
· Collaborate on the development of the first robotic device for the sampling of cereal grains stored in bulk (e.g. wheat/barley in sheds/silos)
· Programming and testing of the Crover robot in purely granular environments
· Improve the control system for the autonomous 3D motion of the robotic device within the bulk of grains
· Implementation of sensors fusion algorithms to accurately estimate the location of the device at different points within the bulk of the grains
· Implementation of data acquisition, processing and visualisation algorithms to accurately represent conditions (temperature and moisture) inside the bulk of grains
· Programming of the web-based companion app for grain stock monitoring
· Compile technical reports and documentation for both internal and external use
Skills & Qualifications
· Postgraduate degree in robotics, computer science, engineering, or related discipline
· Strong Python and C++ programming skills
· Experience using the Robot Operating System (ROS)
· Knowledge of software engineering and back-end programming
· Experience implementing SLAM and sensors fusion algorithms
· Advanced technical report writing skills
· PhD (or close to acquiring one) or Postdoctoral Research in robotics, computer science or related discipline
· Experience in industrial product development
· Experience with AI and Machine Learning for sensors calibration, path planning and predictive data analytics
· Experience with robotics simulations (using ROS or similar)
Exit-based share incentive plan available based on merit & milestones.
Visa sponsorship may be available for candidates currently residing in the UK.
Provisional start date: 1st August 2020
Salary: £30,000 per annum
How to Apply
Apply at https://smrtr.io/3W8s_