Robotics Software Engineers / Developers (all levels)
Location: Twyford (M4 Corridor - near Reading, Slough, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Bracknell - United Kingdom)
## About our Business
Robosynthesis (http://robosynthesis.com) is a modular industrial robotics platform that’s reconfigurable in-the-field to perform a wide range of missions using a variety of sensors and tools, different physical configurations, and various terrain-optimised traction systems. Our platforms have been used at CERN in the LHC, at the National Physical Laboratory, inside gas pressure vessels, and even in chicken sheds(!).
## The Role
We’re recruiting robotics software developers with open-source robotics experience to join our young and growing team working on a range of research and commercial projects. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of software development, from architectural design and planning, through to the delivery of well-designed, testable and efficient code. We’re a close-knit team with a passion for robotics and new tech. Want to join us?
- Collaborate on flow charts, layouts and documentation to clarify requirements & solutions. Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility;
- Write well-designed, testable code. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system;
- Develop automated software test plans and quality assurance procedures;
- Document and maintain software functionality;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
Important Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering or other relevant field;
- Experience as a Software Engineer/Developer on robotics projects;
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++;
- Proficiency and demonstrable experience in Robotics Operating System (ROS.org);
- Good understanding and proven experience in key robotics areas: Motion planning, SLAM, Manipulators (FK, IK, Robot arms), wheel/drive control, Autonomous Intelligent Systems;
- Understanding of networked systems and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP for ROS);
- Proficiency in Git. Experience with Unix systems, specifically for robotics or low-latency applications.
- Experience in Agile software development, and use of Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc
- Embedded systems, simulators (Gazebo), deploying code on hardware
- Electronics knowledge and experience. Networking and comms (ethernet, adaptive RF, COFDM).
## Apply now