You will be working with a team of computer vision, mechanical, automation and software engineers to combine state-of-the-art hardware with open-source software in a robust manner. An immediate task will be to work in a multi-disciplinary and trans-atlantic team to optimise algorimths that improve robot accuracy. This will be two-fold; the first using force sensors to implement cartesian impedence or admittance control and the second using two vision systems to locally and globally track the object and robot.
At Additive Automations our goal is to bring dexterity and reasoning to industrial robotic arms through AI, vision and sensing systems. The sector we apply this to is Additive Manufacturing.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. We’ve just received a significant amount of funding and will be hiring multiple engineers in the coming months, to add to our current team of 7.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics and at least 4 years industry experience.
- OR, PhD in relevant robotics domain.
- Good knowledge of ROS control and simulation engines (i.e. gazebo/pybullet/unity).
- You think boldy, lead with courage and demand the highest standards.
- The team is located in Sheffield, UK. A hidden gem in the centre of the UK - just ask all the university students that end up never leaving! World class rock climbing, mountain/road biking, trail running, hiking, kayaking, award winning craft beer, boutique coffee roasters and some of the best pub food in the world.
- The role is for a permanent position.
- Flexible working hours.
- 33 days holiday.
If you’re interested, please apply at email@example.com.