ROS 2 introductory course online

Hi ROS community,

I want to share with you a new ROS 2 course that I made in collaboration with Packt, an editorial focused on learning materials to IT professionals.

This is a ~3 hours course called “ROS 2 New Features” that is recommended for people that never worked with ROS 2, or even have a basics understanding of ROS 1, and want to start with this new version.

Course description

You will be introduced to the outgoing features available in ROS 2. With simple and practical examples, we cover all of the new features, especially major features including distributed discovery, node lifecycle management, security, and more. You will learn how to make the best use of these features and how they improve and secure the way you use ROS and support modular systems.

By the end of the course, you will understand the new features introduced in ROS 2 and will be able to apply them to your systems.

Table of contents

1. Getting Started with ROS 2 and Setting Up the Environment
  2. Working with the Command Line Interface
  3. Working with the Client Library
  4. New ROS 2 Features
  5. Debugging Tools and Community
  6. Working with the Gazebo Simulator

If you’re willing to start developing projects with ROS 2 I encourage you to take it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did it.

About me

I’m an Electronics Engineer from the National Technological University in Argentina. I’m passionate about robotics, control, and AI. I’m working as a software developer and project lead at Ekumen and I’m also teaching Robotics in the University using ROS and Gazebo.

4 Likes