I am pleased to announce my new course on ROS2 on Udemy entitled
ROS2 How To: Discover Next Generation ROS
To the best of my knowledge this is the first and only comprehensive course on ROS2.
The objectives of this course are as follow:
- First, I explain the design concepts of ROS2 and how to develop projects with it.
- Second, I aim at clarifying the differences between ROS1 and ROS2 (the code explanation will compare between the code written in ROS1 and that for ROS2 in both C++ and Python).
- Third, the course also intends to provide a comprehensive coverage of ROS2 ecosystem, and will demonstrate how to create a ROS2 workspace, ROS2 packages for C++ and Python, and discussed in details implementation aspects of ROS2 topics, and services.
At the end of the course, you will able to:
- Recognize the features of ROS2 (DDS, design, …)
- Install ROS2 (Bouncy) on Ubuntu (Debian) and Mac-OS
- Create a workspace in ROS2
- Create ROS2 packages for C++ and Python
- Develop ROS2 programs using topics and services in C++ and Python
- Understand how to deal with the documentation of ROS2
- Recognize the difference between ROS1 and ROS2
You can enroll to the course with a special discount for 48-hours using this link
The course requires to have background on ROS1. For new ROS users with no background on ROS1, they may take the other introductory course on ROS1