ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas Training Event in Seattle, WA

A ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas Training Event has recently been announced for June 12-14, 2018 in Seattle, WA. This is a great opportunity, particularly for our members and partners on the west coast to get access to a ROS-I training event that will include an Advanced Track as well as a third day of hands-on lab exercises. The event will be located at The HUB (Room 340) on the campus of the University of Washington. Registration is now open and you can find details over at the ROS-Industrial Events Page.

The training event is included as part of an organization’s dues payments to the ROS-Industrial Consortium. Training events are open to non-members, but a tuition is required, and can be found on the event listing. If you are considering membership, you can attend a training and have the tuition fee applied to your dues. This event is an “in-person” only event, as we believe the collaborative interaction and face to face time with trainers and other developers add to the value of the training. We are always working to find meaningful tutorial content to provide video aids, so feedback on that front is always welcome!

Thanks,

Matt R.
RIC-A Consortium Manager
Southwest Research Institute

We have confirmed a group rate of $229/night and have a block of rooms on HOLD at the University Inn in the University District in Seattle. The address: 4140 Roosevelt Way; NE Seattle, Seattle, WA, 98105; Phone: (206) 632-5055; Book Online: https://www.staypineapple.com/university-inn-seattle-wa

Please mention or include “ROS-I Training” for group code when booking. Rooms are being held till Monday June 4, so don’t hesitate to get booked!

Due to circumstances beyond our control we are having to reschedule this June training event from June 12-14, to JULY 17-19. We will still have the same agenda, with Advanced and Basic tracks and we will update the booking details with the University Inn. The event will also still be at the UW HUB, but we will have to confirm the room as we get closer to the date. The registration link on ros-i.org has been updated with all the latest information, along with the registration page.

Please consider these new dates, as we had spaces available. Please let us know if you have any questions. We apologize for any confusion and/or challenges this late change has caused.

Thanks,

Matt R.
SwRI
ROS-I Program Manager - Americas

The link above may not be working: This is the updated training link, with agenda and registration!

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this last year. @mrobinson any plans for a events in the PNW region in 2020?

That is a great question. Tentatively we have 3 training events for 2020. The locations currently are:

Feb 2020 - Irvine, CA
June 2020 - San Antonio, TX
Sept/Oct - Midwest/East Coast (TBD)

There could be a fourth depending on demand and interest, particularly with the advances in ROS2, which we just piloted as an advanced topic, but one can easily see this becoming an event unto itself.

More to come and thanks for posting!

Matt R.
RIC Americas Program Manager

1 Like