ROS Developers Live Class: ** How to create Cozmo robot Gazebo simulation**
- Date&Time: Feb 5th, 2019 | 6pm to 7pm · CET
- Fee: Free event
- Registration website: http://bit.ly/2GeM7e3
Cozmo robot from Anki is a very interesting robot with some support in ROS. However, there is no Gazebo simulation of the robot. In this Live Class you will learn to build its simulation.
· How to define a robot model in Gazebo.
· How to add different components of the model.
· How to add sensor plugins to simulate sensors.
· What is the difference between the collision model and the visual model in a Gazebo simulation
· How to add ROS control to the simulation
Robots used in this class:
▸ For this class we are going to use the Cozmo robot: by Anki. You can find more information about Cozmo robot here: https://www.anki.com/en-us/cozmo.
RICARDO TÉLLEZ, Ph.D.
Ricardo has 7 years experience building software for ROS based robots including human size humanoids. He is the author of 4 books about learning ROS. He teaches Robotics at the University of LaSalle for the undergraduate program and for the Master. Additionally, he delivers every Tuesday a free ROS Live Class on his Youtube channel, where attendants can learn and practice a ROS subject. He is also the conductor of the ROS Developers Podcast where he interviews every week a ROS expert about how to better program robots with ROS.
*The whole code will be provided for free to all the attendants to the class as a ROSject, containing simulation, notebook with instructions and code.
*This is a LIVE Class on how to develop with ROS. In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.