I’m suggesting the creation of a new release for ROS1 after noetic. I’m even suggesting the name “Obvious
I think that a good release ambition would be:
- 100% API compatibility with noetic
- design to be “rolling release” from now on since it is community effort and without EOL
- refactor on the core components to facilitate future changes without breaking ABI (for example use of d-pointer like in KDE or Qt), this supports the previous goal
- deliver as many pending improvements as possible
- the ROS1 to rule them all basically
Anybody else interested in making this?
And no “switch to ROS2” / “ROS1 vs ROS2” / etc here!