Preparing for Noetic Sync 2022-02-14

Hello Noetic maintainers!

Starting now, I will be holding new Noetic ros/rosdistro release PRs with a plan to sync ROS Noetic packages to the main apt repo on 2022-02-14. Please comment here if there are any issues I should know about before performing the sync.

While there are currently 0 packages waiting to sync, this freeze is in anticipation of a release fixing a regression in xacro.

Dear @sloretz,

I prepared new releases for xacro and rviz to fix some recently introduced regressions:

Thanks a lot for cutting a new release. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice the sync announcement earlier this week. I’m still struggling with the notification levels available on ROS discourse. I switched now from “Tracking” to “Watching first post”. Hope, that helps.
On which communication channel should I announce a regression in future, if the corresponding sync announcement wasn’t posted yet?

2 Likes

Thanks @rhaschke :tada:

On which communication channel should I announce a regression in future, if the corresponding sync announcement wasn’t posted yet?

If the regression was already sync’d to the main apt repo then an issue on GitHub - ros/rosdistro: This repo maintains a lists of repositories for each ROS distribution or a comment on a release fixing it would be a good place. If it affects Noetic, I’d be appreciative of an FYI @sloretz comment on the issue on the upstream repo. Otherwise, regressions aren’t really a big deal until a sync-to-main is planned. I think catching regressions in the testing apt repo is totally fine.

1 Like

The sync is out! :tada: :cupid: