ROS2 Intel® RealSense™ RGB-D Camera - Initial Release

Hi All,
We’re happy to announce the initial release of “ros2_intel_realsense”, a ROS2 package for Intel® RealSense™ D400 series RGB-D camera. Derived from its ROS nodelet “realsense_ros_camera (tag v2.0.1)”, the “realsense_ros2_camera” node publishes ROS2 topics for depth images, color images, infrared (left/right) images, and RGB-D PointCloud2 images. It provides below features, verified with ROS2 Ardent Apalone release, and messages visualizable via rviz and ros1_bridge:

Even though ROS Image Pipeline still absence in ROS2, RGB-D point cloud is supported in this release, thanks to a built-in algorithm in the ROS/ROS2 Realsense node, with color image registered to depth camera.
ros2

Have a try and feel free to contribute in our github. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi Sharon- I’m very interested in working with this unit, but I still can’t figure out if I can do meaningful work under ROS with just the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D435, or if I need to also purchase the Intel® RealSense™ Vision Processor D4 Card to make it useful?

Can you please let me know?

@thealy, the said “Realsense Vision Processor D4 Card” has been integrated into the Camera (D415 or D435), according to the Realsense webpage here.

And the full specification here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/d400