ROSCon 2018: Video recordings and slides posted

ROSCon 2018 Video Recordings Available

We’re happy to announce that the videos from ROSCon 2018 have been uploaded and are now linked from the program. If you were unable to attend, missed a talk, or want to listen again to get some more details now you can.

Grupo%20completo_1-scaled

Thanks to everyone for coming and for your support! We sold out ROSCon for the fourth year in a row, with over 500 attendees. And thank you to our record-breaking 47 sponsors for the financial support that enabled the conference to grow!

In addition we have posted slides from almost all the speakers as well. So if you want to get a link or other information you can do so now as well. The slides are linked alongside the videos from the program.

If you presented a Lightning Talk and want to provide more information, or if you were unable to secure a lightning talk slot I encourage you to make your announcement on Discourse in the ROS Projects category. If you’re announcing a released ROS package send it to the General category. That way, more of the community will be aware of your projects and package contributions.

• Your friendly neighborhood ROSCon 2018 Organizing Committee

Thank you again to our Platinum Sponsor, Erle, and to all of our Gold Sponsors: Amazon, Apple, ARM, Clearpath, Eprosima, Fetch Robotics, Google, Intel, Locus, Microsoft, ROBOTIS, SICK, Tier IV, Toyota Research Institute, Universal Robots.

6 Likes

It looks like the link is dead for the Spatio-Temporal Voxel Layer talk (https://vimeo.com/292699571)

Odd; somehow that one hadn’t been made public. It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Lightning talk #6 on day 1 has no video. Thank you for saving the Internet from having to look at me! :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ve asked the AV team where that recording is. It wasn’t included in the batch they sent to us. Sorry, hopefully they’ll find it and we can fill it in.

The A/V team found the missing video and now it’s linked into the program: ROSCon 2018 Madrid: (LT1-6) ROSCon JP on Vimeo

2 Likes

It would be super convenient if the lightning talks had their title listed as well. I was searching for the animated gifs :star_struck: yesterday and had to click through many numbered slides

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks! Is it already decided where ROSCon 2019 will take place?

@simonschmeisser Good idea. I added the lightning talk titles to the program and to the metadata in Vimeo.

@msadowski We’re working now on plans for 2019. Stay tuned…

2 Likes