If you missed the announcement we’re putting together a virtual ROS event called ROS World for November 12th. If you’ve been to a ROSCon recently you may have noticed how the lightning talks are one of the most anticipated parts of the conference. Lightning talks are a great way to get your new package, robot, research, development process, or idea in front of a larger audience. We’re hoping to replicate the ROSCon lighting talks at our ROS World event. Our approach is to allow the community to submit short videos that we use during ROS World. We plan to take approximately the best two dozen or so videos and mash them up into a super cut that will play in between ROS World sessions.
We’re looking for all sorts of videos from the ROS community, and as such we’re open to videos related to any ROS topic you deem appropriate. Got a cool new robot? That’s worth a video. Have a great package that could use a few more maintainers? That’s worth a video. Want to ramble about your software pet-peeve for ninety seconds? Be our guest. Anything goes.
We’re still finalizing the details but the parameters for a video submission are as follows:
- Immediately related to ROS and the ROS community
- Less than 120 seconds
- Format: MP4
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080p (full HD) preferred, minimum 1280 x 720 p
- File size: 500MB - 3.5GB. Files should not exceed 5GB.
- Audio: Stereo is preferred, mono is acceptable
- Please use a consistent file name of <contact_name>_.mp4
- The videos don’t need to be overly produced but they should be short, clear, and to the point.
- Our event coordinator has put together these recommendations for recording:
20ROSWorld_VideoReelTips.pdf (153.9 KB)
We’re still finalizing the process and due dates for video submissions but our preliminary due date for video is Wednesday 2020-10-01T01:00:00Z.
To submit your video please use this Google form
We accept videos uploaded to websites like YouTube and Vimeo, and raw videos.
If you have any questions feel free to ask away in the comments below.